So this issue has come up in my life twice in the last two days which, to me, warrants a response. I want to start off saying that this is entirely my opinion (with a few statistics to support why it’s my opinion) and I am pro-choice AND pro-adoption, but I just need to get this off my chest…
The lion king taught me it’s ok to disassociate with a family member that does you wrong and that was a really important point I just learned about 38 seconds ago.
1. Lay on the floor of your shower until you can breathe again. Water will always love to love your skin.
2. Start writing with the intention of filling up one page. Write until your pen stops working.
3. Reread a book that once made you cry. Learn something new on every page. Notice how different chapter make you sad. Notice how the book didn’t change and grow; you did.
4. Sleep with your windows open. You can hear both the rain and boys drunkenly singing Frank Sinatra on their deck. Both are equally good.
5. Don’t forget that honey will always taste sweet, but the best way to eat it is off your fingers, laughing.
6. Remember that, sometimes, getting out of bed is enough.
who was the asshole that decided tattoos looked unprofessional
the generation that did is dying out so don’t worry
can we skip this whole “college” thing and go straight and go to the part where i have a really awesome job and spend all my time traveling?
lol good luck, i worry for the generations that follow mine
i love sir patrick stewart more with each passing day.
See, guys. This is how you do it. Notice the words “Not all men are like that” are never spoken.
He knows men are like that
his father was like that to his mother
he has experienced the pain firsthand, of what it’s like when men are like that
and he never wants men to be like that again and he fights tooth and nail against the men who are still like that
And moreover, he acknowledges his privilege [as an older white male who is famous/well known] and uses it to speak up. He knows what he is, and he never has to say he’s not like those men he fights against—he never says it, his actions speak loud enough for everyone else to see it.
Sir Patrick Stewart, everyone.
This is why this mother fucker got knighted, he’s a testament to what every person has the ability to be.